BREAKING NEWS: PDEA bans 7 new dangerous drugs
PDEA Director General Isidro Lapeña cited the various decisions of the CND during its 59th Session classifying the following substances with the appropriate controls as provided in the Schedules of the Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs of 1961 as amended by the 1972 Protocol, and the Convention on Psychotropic Substances of 1971:
– A powerful painkiller which is five times more potent than heroin. It is disguised as oxycodone. Manifestations of overdose are lethargic look, disorientation, shallow breathing, a slow heart rate and low blood pressure.
– A piperazine derivative with potent analgesic activity comparable to morphine
– A stimulant and psychedelic recreational drug, which may be used as substitute to ecstasy. It has hallucinogenic effect and can cause a fatal rise in body temperature.
– A psychomotor stimulant which may cause cardiotoxicity, violent behavior and display of psychotic behavior .
– A synthetic stimulant designer drug related to 4-methylaminorex and pemoline. It is a new and potentially lethal designer drug
– A new recreational drug, structural analog of ketamine with potent hallucinogenic properties.
– A benzodiazepine with anxiolytic, euphoric, anti-convulsant, amnestic, muscle relaxant, and hypnotic (sleep-inducing) effects “Based on the foregoing recommendations, PDEA as the lead anti-drug agency in partnership with the Philippine National Police,
PLEASE SHARE OUR WEBSITE TO OTHERS AND LIKE OUE FB PAGE FOR MORE NEWS UPDATESNews Media PH